Photos from the personal collection of Kostas Panitsidis
The Tu-2 was built in the Soviet Union beginning in the early 1940's. Mass production of this aircraft started in 1943 and the Tu-2 served in military campaigns of the Soviet Air Force in the final phases of WWII.
A total of 11.427 aircraft in various versions of the Tu-2 were built by 1948 when production stopped.
In 1949 the Polish Air Force received 8 medium Tu-2S bombers in the basic version. They were first assigned to the 7th Independent Bomber Regiment. In light of intentions to introduce a jet bomber no additional Tu-2S were imported.
The Tu-2S were retired from service in the Air Force and the Naval Forces in the mid – 1950s.
|POWER-PLANT||Two reciprocating motor ASh-82FN|
|Thrust, h.p||2 x 1.850|
|Wing span, m||18,86|
|Wing area, m2||48,80|
|Normal take-off, kg||10.360|
|Empty aircraft, kg||7.474|
|Maximum take-off, kg||11.360|
|Internal fuel, kg||-|
|Maximum speed, km/h||547|
|Cruising speed, km/h||-|
|Max speed in low height, km/h||482|
|Rate of climb, m/min||526|
|Service ceiling, m||9.500|
|Combat range, km||-|
|ARMAMENT||Two 12,7 mm machine-gun UBT, two 20 mm cannons ShVAK. Warload-3.000 kg.|